Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Contentment

I lead a pretty good life, at least in my eyes, it's good. I have a loving husband, own a house, and love my job. My husband and I are able to support ourselves comfortably. I'd say that makes me quite content.

After finishing a novel, I felt inspired. The novel inspired me to be better. Striving to be better than I was the previous day has been my goal for years now. Have I met that goal? I surely hope so. Even so, I can still be better.  Most of the time, if a stranger asks for some change, I'm likely to give it to them. Sometimes I'll donate money to some charity that the cashier has to push, but none of that is enough. I don't do any of those things on a consistent basis. Am I really making a difference? Yes and no. That change could make the difference on whether a person gets to eat today or not. Every dollar counts towards charity, right? Those little things are just a ripple in a big pond.

I want to give back and help other people be better. Giving back to others is where I have fallen short lately. My mindset has been myself, my husband, and our goals. There's not necessarily anything wrong with my focal point, but there's so many other people out in the world. I could be making a difference yet here I sit idly. I realized that I can't be content since I'm not doing anything to help others.

I want to help others see that there is a way out. They need to know that it will be hard and others may try to stop them, but they are more than capable. We all need a little help some time. There's nothing wrong with asking for help or allowing someone to help.

Some things that I plan to do are volunteer. I've volunteered up until about last year. I love the Real Charitable Housewives of Delaware organization. I'd love to volunteer with them again. An organization that is close to my heart is Operation Gratitude. You can help by visiting Ways to Help: Operation Gratitude I really enjoy writing letters and try to incorporate this into my classroom also. Now I'm off to search for other ways to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment